Type of Job
Part or Full Time
June 22, 2020, 6:00:00 PM
About the job
We are looking to hire an experienced Swim Instructor to help children and adults of all ages develop proper swimming techniques and skills.
The Swim Instructor’s responsibilities include evaluating each student’s performance during swim sessions and providing feedback, completing attendance, progress, and accident reports, and ensuring that all swimming aids and equipment are in good working order. You should also be able to assist students with special needs to socialize with other students.
To be successful as a Swim Instructor, you should demonstrate patience and enthusiasm and be able to motivate students to accomplish their swimming goals. Ultimately, an exceptional Swim Instructor should be able to communicate effectively with students and ensure that all water safety rules are adhered to.
Swim Instructor Responsibilities:
1) Teaching swimming techniques, swimming strokes, and water safety rules to students with varying swimming abilities.
2) Assisting more experienced swimmers to enhance their swimming abilities.
3) Assessing the progress of students and adjusting teaching programs accordingly.
4) Monitoring students to prevent accidents and injuries.
5) Identifying incorrect swimming techniques and correcting students accordingly.
6) Ensuring that the swimming pool and locker rooms are kept clean and tidy.
Swim Instructor Requirements:
Sound knowledge of proper swimming techniques and water safety rules.
Strong swimming abilities.
Excellent conflict resolution skills.
Effective communication skills.
Passionate and enthusiastic.
Swim Instructor Preferred:
Proven experience working as a Swim Instructor or Lifeguard.
CPR, First Aid, and American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or Basic Swim Instructor (BSI) certifications.
Pay starting at $15.00 per hour depending on experience
Medical and Dental Insurance Available
Gwinnett Swim is the leading ASI and youth swim training organization in Georgia. Located in an 8000 sq ft facility in Buford GA, Gwinnett Swim has trained over 5000 people how to swim and survive in the water. Our services include ASI, Stroke and Turn, Adult lessons, Swim Team, Adaptive Aquatics, Silver Sneakers and more.
5396 Lanier Islands Pkwy, Buford, GA 30518, USA